1 sprays cooking spray
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound veal shoulder, roast, cubed
20 medium baby carrots
1 large onion(s), finely chopped
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/8 tsp ground sage, or more to taste, or 1 tsp fresh chopped sage
1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/2 cup canned beef broth
14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
1. Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate; dust veal with flour mixture. Brown veal in skillet, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Place carrots in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place veal over carrots.
4. Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes; add to slow cooker. Add sage and oregano to slow cooker.
5. Pour beef broth into skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add broth to slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 25 min
Cooking Time | 420 min
Level of Difficulty | Moderate
Weight Watcher's POINTS® Value | 4